When the vRO workflow DNS MachineBuilding attempts to add a DNS record, the workflow fails, and the log contains something like this:
item: 'DNS machineBuilding/item13', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'Unable to add DNS entry to bluecat8 : InternalError: 500 : Internal Server Error
BlueCat's API throws the 500 Internal Server error for multiple errors.
There are 2 possible causes
1. Bad credentials - check the credentials in the Item in vRA for your BlueCat Endpoint.
2. Quick Deploys allowance exceeded
- To check if this is the problem,
- Go to DNS, and click Actions, and choose Quick Deploy
- If this action displays an error that says the number of Quick Deploys has exceeded the allowed number, force a full deploy, and then try again.
Sovlabs Bluecat Module using Blueat v8.x
Workaround or Solution
Provide quick data over the workaround or solution steps
Check the credentials
- Check and confirm the credentials being used for the SovLabs Bluecat Endpoint to ensure they have the appropriate permissions
- See the least permission sets (here)
Force a full deploy
To force a full deploy, go to the Servers tab, select the appropriate Configuration as needed, then select the target bluecat server.
Click the Action drop down and select Deploy
- In the next screen check the Force DNS Full Deployment checkbox and hit the Yes button.
For additional information on the Bluecat DNS module, see our latest docs at http://docs.sovlabs.com/latest/vRA/7.6/modules/dns/bluecat-dns/