To improve security and stability of an environment, an account with minimal privileges should be used to integrate the Sovlabs vRealize Automation module with other systems.
You have a requirement to use a service account that does not have unrestricted/full administrator access into the Men and Mice IPAM/DNS infrastructure.
Create a New Role
- In the Men and Mice console, you have to create a new role with Web Interface Permission.
- Create a Role with a suitable name | Example: SovLabs_Access
- In Tools → Global Access. You must add the following permissions to this role
- Access to the web interface
Add your account to the following roles
- Your least privilege Role you created example: SovLabs_Access
- For IPAM Management
- IPAM Administrators (built-in) role
- For DNS Management
- DNS Administrator (built-in) role
SovLabs Men and Mice : http://docs.sovlabs.com/latest/vRA/7.6/modules/dns/men-and-mice-dns/