In this how to we will show you how to use the SovLabs_DisableDNS feature to disable DNS on additional IP Address reservations ONLY.
- SovLabs IPAM/DNS Modules 2020.6.0 and above
Disabling DNS for an additional IP Reservation
- In your blueprint, click on Properties (1), Custom Properties (2) and click on New (3)
- In the Name , enter SovLabs_DisableDNS_<IPRESERVATIONNAME>.
In this example I have an additional IP Reservation/s of ExtraIP1, ExtraIP2, ExtraIP3. So I will type SovLabs_DisableDNS_ExtraIP1 (1)
Set the value to true (2) and click OK (3)
- Repeat for any other IP reservations that you also wish to disable DNS for then click on Finish on your Blueprint
- Deploy your blueprint and review your DNS workflow in vRO to confirm that you see the following
[2020-03-30 15:43:14.107] [W] dnsSkipped : Property SovLabs_DisableDNS_ExtraIP1('true') directs DNS to skip on nic/label ExtraIP1
[2020-03-30 15:43:14.109] [W] validateDNSAdded : dns skipped for this nic/interface. (ExtraIP1) Validation was not performed.
SovLabs IPAM/DNS Configuration Documents : http://docs.sovlabs.com/latest/vmware-vra7x-plugin/modules/#endpoint-integrations