The following is a collection of content hosted in the CloudBolt Knowledgebase or Docs dealing with common requests and issues.
- CloudBolt Release Notes (latest GA version)
- CloudBolt Docs (latest GA version)
- Knowledgebase Articles
- Submit a Support Ticket
- List of My Support Tickets
Please see below for the most up to date list of emergent issues that are actively under investigation by CloudBolt. When resolved, they will be mentioned in Recently Resolved Issues (below) and will appear in our published Release Notes.
- No issues reported for 7.7.
Issues with Workarounds
- Spectre and Meltdown Vulnerabilities: We are aware of a security vulnerability affecting users of any version of CloudBolt known as Spectre and Meltdown. Users should update their Linux kernel to the latest version by running
yum install kerneland then reboot your CloudBolt server. CVE-2017-5753 [bounds check bypass] aka 'Spectre Variant 1' and CVE-2017-5754 [rogue data cache load] aka 'Meltdown' aka 'Variant 3' are the vulnerabilities addressed by this update: we have used the script https://raw.githubusercontent.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker/master/spectre-meltdown-checker.sh in our lab to validate a CloudBolt server's CentOS OS is no longer vulnerable to these two vulnerabilities after performing this update.
In order to remediate CVE-2017-5715 [branch target injection] aka 'Spectre Variant 2', users are also advised to update their underlying hypervisor (e.g. VMware's here) and then use the
microcode_ctlyum package or your vendor's BIOS/microcode updates to update the microcode on platforms that support this according to their vendor's recommendations.
- Global Search Fails to Find Servers: We are aware of an issue in CloudBolt 7.4 where searches (using the global search tool in the toolbar) fails to find servers when a partial hostname is entered, but that searches for a full hostname work. Instead, use the Servers list page and search for your servers there. #151526469
RECENTLY RESOLVED ISSUES
These issues have been resolved in the listed version of the product. They are also mentioned in our published Release Notes.
Issues Resolved in 7.7:
Issues Resolved in 22.214.171.124: